First off, congratulations on your engagement, I’m so happy you’re getting started on your wedding journey! When having photos taken there are a lot of factors that go into making a beautiful picture, such as time of day, location, outfits as well as the photographer. Keep these things in mind for any photos you have taken but especially for photos as important as engagement & wedding!
1. What Look: meaning what is your ideal overall “look” you’d like for your photos to have, this greatly helps me in suggesting locations & also having an idea of what you’re looking for. Some couples like a more nature inspired look, perhaps a field, near a river or something located within nature. Other couples may like a more unique look, like a beautiful historic site or formal garden with timeless architecture weaved in. There are so many choices & only the beginning of the fun that your engagement will be!
2. Location: after getting an idea of the look you’d like it makes it much easier to then choose the location you think would best suite your engagement session. I do always suggest locations but also love it when my couples have a landmark they love or a favorite place they would like to incorporate.
3. Clothing: this will play a major part on how your photos turn out! I’d like you to incorporate your style into your engagement session & match your partner as well. I suggest that you don’t wear the exact same thing (colors/patterns) but rather choose matching colors as your anchor, then try to think about your location & dress in a style that will match to make amazing photos.
4. Communicate: communication is key, please be open to me as to what you’re looking for, if you have any specific poses in mind, certain things you may be self-conscious about that you’d like me to look out for (don’t like side profile, watch for double chin, etc.) I want you to look & feel your best in your photos & I will work with you on the things that you need me to as long as I’m aware of them.
5. Have Fun: enjoy yourself & you’re partner, this is an amazing time in both of your lives, you deserve to relax & get the most out of this glorious milestone!
All content Copyright 2020 Alexis Lunsford Photography
I look forward to connecting with my clients & experiencing these seasons of life with you! I'm very detailed in the information I collect so I can be sure we are the perfect fit. Guaranteeing we will both have amazing experiences!
Terms & conditions